Experience and Specialties
Justin A. Reckers, CFP, CDFA is the Chief Executive Officer of WellSpring Divorce Advisors, http://www.WellSpringDivorce.com and the lead Financial Advisor at Fonte Financial Advisors, a Member of Advisory Services Network, LLC.
For individuals and couples navigating divorce who are concerned about the future, Wellspring Divorce Advisors is the divorce financial planning firm focused on establishing long-term financial well-being by providing experienced, objective advice. Only Wellspring Divorce Advisors has combined a personal touch, professional expertise, and technical infrastructure to ensure clients avoid common financial mistakes and obtain the most advantageous financial settlement. Wellspring Divorce Advisors continues to expand through recent office openings in San Francisco Bay area, Denver, New York and affiliate offices in Boston and Columbus, Ohio.
Fonte Financial Advisors provides comprehensive wealth management services with a focus on lifestyle management and investment advice for those navigating transitions and beyond. Our most common engagements include post-divorce and strategic retirement planning.
Justin is a graduate of The Ohio State University, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™. He is a former board member of The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, Collaborative Practice California and the Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego. Justin is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the Pacific South Coast Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
More about Wellspring Divorce Advisors
Wellspring Divorce Advisors offers the creative options, financial analysis and strategies necessary to ensure clients obtain the most financially advantageous settlement possible.
Wellspring Divorce’s mission is to help couples and individuals address the financial aspects of divorce in a civilized, equitable, and efficient manner by providing expert Divorce Financial Planning, Consulting and Analysis.
We have developed a passion for guiding people through what can be the most emotionally and financially devastating period in their life. We provide education and support during difficult decision making processes in order to facilitate rational and informed conclusions for clients. We offer Dispute Resolution services in Collaborative Divorce and Mediation. We work with attorneys serving as an Expert Financial Analyst in neutral or advocacy roles in the litigation process.
We help clients understand the short and long term financial consequences of settlement options. We help level the playing field when one party feels at a disadvantage due to lack of financial knowledge or experience. We help gather the data needed to make fully informed and intelligent decisions. We help our clients and their attorneys build strategic and creative settlement options to complicated financial settlements.
Most importantly; we help clients transition successfully into their new financial reality with a game plan for financial independence that includes safety and security.
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Degree – Bachelor of Science in Human Ecology
- Major Course of Study – Family Resource Management
- Specialization – Family Financial Management, course work developed in partnership with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. to prepare candidates for the comprehensive board administered CFP® exam.
Collaborative Divorce Team Trainings, Phoenix, AZ, September 8-10, 2005
- 3 Day Basic Collaborative Divorce Training
Mosten Mediation Training, Los Angeles, CA, May 12-16, 2009
- 40 Hour Basic Divorce Mediation Training
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professional
- Education requirements completed in December 2003, Comprehensive exam requirement completed in November of 2005, Experience requirement completed in May of 2006
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Goal based and cash flow based planning strategies
- Cash Flow Management, Risk Management, Investment Management, Tax Planning, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning
Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Evaluation of financial and tax aspects of divorce settlements
- Post divorce financial independence planning
- Financial document preparation including: net worth statements, income, expense and tax projections, risk assessment, asset division,
- Preparation, review and analysis of Moore/Marsden claims, 2640 eimbursement claims, present value of pension benefits, stock option, retirement benefit and other time rule formulas, forensic cash flow tracing, etc…