We are a nonprofit multi-disciplinary referral network of independent professionals trained to provide our divorce clients the opportunity of choosing alternatives to traditional divorce litigation. We are also a professional education organization that meets regularly to discuss and improve the practice of Collaborative Family Law. All CFLG members have completed training in the Collaborative Divorce model and must meet additional educational, credential and experience requirements for membership.
Our Mission:The Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego is an association of attorneys, mental health professionals and financial advisors working together to learn, practice, and promote collaborative processes for problem solving and the peaceful resolution of family law issues, with an eye toward preserving the emotional, as well as the financial, assets of the family. Its goal is to transform the resolution of family law issues through respectful, collaborative processes that protect the integrity and health of family relationships and eliminate the need of families to resort to court litigation.
- Establish and expand the Collaborative Divorce process as the best means for achieving a divorce or custody modification.
- Provide a 'no court' option to divorce and handle the legal aspects of divorce with collaboratively trained professionals.
- Educate the public and professionals involved in family law matters about the collaborative model for the resolution of family law disputes.
- Encourage the highest standards of professional service to clients engaged in Collaborative Divorce through continuing education programs for its members.
- Serve as a "clearing house" by responding to inquiries from the public and disseminating information about CFLG and the collaborative process.
- Collect and maintain data on cases while protecting the anonymity of all clients.